President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday led other top dignitaries including, Governor Seriake Dickson, political bigwigs captains of industry and other eminent personalities to mark the 2nd Bayelsa Thanksgiving Day anniversary, calling for the support of the people at ensuring the success of the transformation agenda of the present administration at the State and Federal levels.
Speaking through the Minister of Police Affairs, Navy Capt. Caleb Olubolade at the mainbowl of the Samson Siasia Sports Complex, President Jonathan said meaningful development could only take place in an atmosphere of peace and stability.
The President who hailed the State Governor for his leadership and initiative for instituting a thanksgiving day in the State, emphasized the need to thank God at all levels of Government for His divine protection and guidance as they strive to bring about peace, development and prosperity.
“With what the State Government is doing in terms of projects and programmes, the Government is keying into the transformation agenda of the Federal Government which, I believe the benefits of these will definitely turn things around quickly for the better.
On my part as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I will remain committed and focused to keeping Nigeria united and peaceful under the banner of God who made it possible for me to be here as your elected President in that free and fair election”
He said the people must show gratitude to God for the peace being enjoyed in the country, despite what he described as a few distractions and expressed hope that Nigerians would rally round him in his quest to make the country one of the greatest economies of the world.
In his remarks, the State Governor, Hon. Seriake Dickson called for active participation in the celebration of the Thanksgiving Day, stating that the event is for every Bayelsan within and outside the country.
Governor Dickson who expressed appreciation to the people of the State for their show of support particularly the youths, whom he observed had not disrupted any on-going projects in the State.
According to him, the existing peace is also attributable to the efforts of traditional rulers, security and the unity among the three arms of Government.
“I can bear testimony to God’s abiding mercies and blessings upon this land. You are all aware of what is going on and our State is on a new page of hope. In spite of the numerous projects going on across the nooks and crannies of our State, I have never heard of any serious disturbance from any community that has led to any stoppage of work. And that is testimony to the goodness of God and to the peace, stability and development and therefore prosperity that has come to reign in all the parts of our State.”
In a message, the Guest speaker, Rev. Dr. Uma Ukpai, stressed the need for people to always appreciate God’s blessings irrespective of their challenges as they are stepping stones in life.
Commenting on the attitude of Nigerians towards thanksgiving, Rev. Dr. Ukpai noted that, most people are not given to such disposition but rather find faults in almost everything.”
Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Edmund Alison Oguru had earlier given a brief history of Bayelsa State.
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Bayelsa State
- ‘i Will Not Be Deterred by the Antics of Our Detractors From Turning Around the Fortunes of the State’ …gov Dickson (mienpamo.wordpress.com)
- Gov Dickson Visits Okrika, Reaffirms Bayelsa’s Full Participation in Late Charity Oba’s Funeral (mienpamo.wordpress.com)
- Bayelsa Govt Demolishes Dickson’s Private Residence Over Infringement on Right of Way (mienpamo.wordpress.com)
- Gov. Dickson Attributes Success of Restoration Govt to God (mienpamo.wordpress.com)
- Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson hold secret talks (austinjerry1.wordpress.com)
- INDEPENDENT GOODWILL MESSAGE TO PRESIDENT GOODLUCK AND GOV DICKSON By Chief Nice Alamieyeseigha (mienpamo.wordpress.com)
- RESTORATION: WHY WE ARE SUCCEEDING IN BAYELSA STATE – Bayelsa Social Media Committee (mienpamo.wordpress.com)
- Bayelsa Monthly Jogging: Gov Dickson Directs Political Appointees, Top Civil Servants to Partake (mienpamo.wordpress.com)
- Jonathan, Amaechi Make Progress In Reconciliation Talks (naijaobserver.wordpress.com)
- Gov Dickson to Political Appointees – Resign If You Are Dissatisfied With My Administration Style (mienpamo.wordpress.com)