GOV. DICKSON MAPS OUT TO CREATE MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE YOUTHS OF BAYELSA STATE. THE RESTORATION AGENDA OF THE GOVERNOR IS TO DEVELOP A DEEP SEA PORT


Image

The Bayelsa State Government is to collaborate with Global Seaway International and Tianjin Energy Resources Limited to develop a deep sea port in the state.

Governor Seriake Dickson made the remark at a joint presentation on the sea port project by representatives of an indigenous company, Global Seaway International and their Chinese technical partners, Tianjin Energy Resources Limited, in Government House, Yenagoa.

The Governor said such investments would complement government’s efforts at industrializing and stimulating the economy of the state, noting that the sea port project would also provide job opportunities for the people.

According to him, the development of critical infrastructure, creation of wealth and capacity building were beyond the capacity of the state government and assured that government would provide an enabling environment for businesses to thrive in the state.

While assuring private firms of government’s preparedness to donate suitable land on the request of the companies, Governor Dickson said government would set up a technical team to fashion out the way forward with the investors. He called on the investing public to take advantage of the virgin investment climate in the state with its abundant opportunities.

In his presentation, chairman of Global Seaway International, King Frank Okurakpo explained that the proposed sea port project was estimated to gulp over 3 billion dollars and will be located at Agge in Ekeremor Local Government Area of the State.

King Okurakpo noted that the objective of the industrial park which is part of the project was to create an industrial base to support the industrialization programme of government as well as reduce reliance on foreign facilities.

He stated that the sea port will also have such facilities as a 500 mega watt power plant, fabrication yard, jetty, outfield chemical plant and tank farm, dry docking yard, as well as a cement and bagging plant.

Others include a steel pipe rolling mill, container terminal, fertilizer plant, supply vessels maintenance service yard, port authority, security and customs administration complex, port housing estate, schools, hospitals, shopping centers, parks and other facilities.

King Okurakpo disclosed that well over 100,000 workers are expected to be employed during the construction phase of the project while 1,200 workers would be absorbed, upon completion.

Also in his presentation, representative of Tianjin Energy Resources Limited, Mr. Peter Lin said his company will finance 85 % of the project while the remaining 15% funding is expected to be sourced locally

 

Advertisements

8 thoughts on “GOV. DICKSON MAPS OUT TO CREATE MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE YOUTHS OF BAYELSA STATE. THE RESTORATION AGENDA OF THE GOVERNOR IS TO DEVELOP A DEEP SEA PORT

  1. Pingback: ubrwhqsfb

  2. Hi there, this is genuinely good, but my web site is taking a actually long time to obtain published?
    why is that this so? my web page is only 8 pages and it doesn’t possess a lot of information on it either!
    I truly need help
    Thanks so much

  3. I do accept as true with all of the ideas you have presented for your post. They are really convincing and will definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are too short for starters. May you please prolong them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

  4. Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people consider worries that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s